With spare, direct text by Minh Lê and luminous illustrations by Caldecott Medalist Dan Santat, this stirring picture book about reaching across barriers will be cherished for years to come. A Junior Library Guild selection!
Minh Lê is a writer but, like his grandfather, is a man of few words. He is a national early childhood policy expert, author of Let Me Finish! (illustrated by Isabel Roxas), and has written for the New York Times, the Horn Book, and the Huffington Post. A first-generation Vietnamese-American, he went to Dartmouth College and has a master’s in education from Harvard University. Outside of spending time with his beautiful wife and sons in their home near Washington, DC, Minh’s favorite place to be is in the middle of a good book
Dan Santat is the author and illustrator of the Caldecott Award-winning The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend, as well as The Cookie Fiasco, After the Fall, and others. He is also the creator of Disney's animated hit, The Replacements. Dan lives in Southern California with his wife, two kids, and a menagerie of pets.
“A beautifully told and illustrated story about a grandson and grandfather struggling to communicate across divides of language, age, and culture.”—Viet Thanh Nguyen, Pulitzer Prize winner.
* "The power of art takes center stage."—, starred review
* "[P]erfectly paced to express universal emotions that connect generations separated by time, experience, and even language."—, starred review
* "Drawn Together is a testament to the strength of a shared love to overcome barriers of age, language and culture, and will leave readers, like Grandpa and his grandson, 'happily . . . SPEECHLESS.'"—, starred review
* "Focus on an underrepresented culture; highly accessible emotions; concise, strong storytelling; and artistic magnificence make this a must have."—, starred review
* "[A] visual language that speaks profoundly to readers."—, starred review
Please select all options.