Look Both Ways
This story was going to begin like all the best stories. With a school bus falling from the sky. But no one saw it happen. They were all too busy—
Talking about boogers.
Stealing pocket change.
Executing complicated handshakes.
Planning an escape.
But mostly, too busy walking home.
Jason Reynolds conjures ten tales (one per block) about what happens after the dismissal bell rings, and brilliantly weaves them into one wickedly funny, piercingly poignant look at the detours we face on the walk home, and in life.
Jason Reynolds is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, a Newbery Award Honoree, a Printz Award Honoree, a two-time National Book Award finalist, a Kirkus Award winner, a Carnegie Medal winner, a two-time Walter Dean Myers Award winner, an NAACP Image Award Winner, and the recipient of multiple Coretta Scott King honors. He’s also the 2020–2021 National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature. His many books include All American Boys (cowritten with Brendan Kiely), When I Was the Greatest, The Boy in the Black Suit, Stamped, As Brave as You, For Every One, the Track series (Ghost, Patina, Sunny, and Lu), Look Both Ways, and Long Way Down, which received a Newbery Honor, a Printz Honor, and a Coretta Scott King Honor. He lives in Washington, DC.
- Carnegie Medal winner
- A National Book Award Finalist
- Coretta Scott King Author Honor Book
- An NPR Favorite Book of 2019
- A New York Times Best Children’s Book of 2019
- A Time Best Children’s Book of 2019
- A Today Show Best Kids’ Book of 2019
- A Washington Post Best Children’s Book of 2019
- A School Library Journal Best Middle Grade Book of 2019
- A Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2019
- A Kirkus Reviews Best Middle Grade Book of 2019
- “As innovative as it is emotionally arresting.” —Entertainment Weekly
A Mouse called Miika
Hardcover Synopsis Ratatouille meets Roald Dahl in the funny and fantastical story of a determined mouse on a mission to procure the world’s tastiest cheese. From...
A Boy called Christmas
Hardcover Synposis Eleven-year-old Nikolas—nicknamed “Christmas”—has received only one toy in his life: a doll carved out of a turnip. Still, he tries hard to believe...
Ways to Grow Love
Hardcover Synopsis Newbery Honor and Coretta Scott King Author Award winner Renée Watson continues her charming young middle grade series starring Ryan Hart, a girl...