We Are Little Feminists: Families ( We Are Little Feminists #1)
2021 STONEWALL AWARD WINNER!
“Understanding queer identities and representation can be this simple…Families shows children 0-5 the true diversity of the world around them and the families to which they belong.” – American Library Association
- The first-ever board book to win an American Library Association medal.
- Beautiful, full-color photos of real-life LGBTQ and ally families showcase all the wonderful forms of family, gender, and sexuality in this fun and award-winning board book.
- Each spread features simple, poetic text for building vocabulary and empathy. FAMILIES helps families and educators discuss sexuality, celebrate all genders, and advocate for LGBTQ equity.
- Created for 0-5-year-olds: the book’s photographs help infants, toddlers, and preschoolers to recognize real people in loving families that are both different and like their own.
- Family discussion questions & extra resources are available on our blog.
About the Series We Are Little Feminists is the identity-affirming board book series developed to raise intersectional feminists. Children love photos of everyday kids & families, but only 13% of children's books represent our diverse world. We Are Little Feminists pairs beautiful photos with playful, rhythmic text to help families and classrooms stand against racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and ableism.
"The board book market offers vast, untapped opportunities to introduce babies, toddlers, and preschoolers to so many different kinds of people. I'm glad at least one series has the pluck and moxie to give kids a fuller first glimpse of the world.
...You just hit the board book jackpot."
- Elizabeth (Betsy) Bird, children's author, librarian, podcaster, blogger, reviewer
"These books are the most inclusive (and beautiful!) board books I have ever seen!
...Each board book is full of beautiful photos depicting all kinds of kids and families from all different backgrounds, traditions, ages, shapes, and skin tones. The accompanying text in each book is pragmatic and joyful, creating a board book that transcends age. Seriously. I read this set of books to my 4th graders and they were transfixed!
--Matthew Winner, The Children's Book Podcast
Master of One
Hardcover Synopsis Sinister sorcery. Gallows humor. A queer romance so glorious it could be right out of fae legend itself. Master of One is a fantasy unlike...
Federico and all his Families
Board book Synopsis Roof to roof, Federico the cat visits all his families everyday: Tadeo and his grandparents, Anna and her two Moms; Virginia, with...
Hardcover Synopsis Every child feels different in some way, but Thuy feels "double different." She is Vietnamese American and she has two moms. Thuy walks...